Flanshaw Junior, Infant and Nursery School recognises that all pupils regardless of their background should have equal access to a curriculum which will enable them to reach their potential. The sports funding premium is a Government initiative that targets extra money to all pupils and all schools.
The Government do not dictate how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding each year, on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do so.
Our Governing Body have this year agreed to place priority on these main areas:
- Improving the EYFS outdoor provision to provide high quality resources to promote more active children.
- To improve the gross motor skills of our EYFS children through targeted intervention implemented by Artis.
- To provide high quality sports coaching to ensure that our teaching staff, lunchtime supervisors and lunchtime ambassadors are able to plan and implement high quality activities.
- To increase the activity levels of our KS2 pupils, by monitoring their activity levels using ‘fitbit’ style watches.
- To improve our PE lessons and lunchtimes by purchasing high-quality open-ended sports resources.
- To create a wider range of physical activities through the after school provision.
- To improve and strengthen teaching and learning of gymnastics through focussed CPD.
Please click on the link below to view our 20-21 Sports Premium document