Schools must spend the additional funding each year, on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do so.
Our Governing Body have this year agreed to place priority on these main areas:
- Improving the EYFS outdoor provision to provide high quality resources to promote more active children.
- To improve the gross motor skills of our EYFS children through targeted intervention implemented by Artis.
- To provide high quality sports coaching to ensure that our teaching staff, lunchtime supervisors and lunchtime ambassadors are able to plan and implement high quality activities.
- To increase the activity levels of our KS2 pupils, by monitoring their activity levels using ‘fitbit’ style watches.
- To improve our PE lessons and lunchtimes by purchasing high-quality open-ended sports resources.
- To create a wider range of physical activities through the after school provision.
- To improve and strengthen teaching and learning of PE through focussed CPD.
Please click on the link below to view our 23-24 Sports Premium document and the impact of spend in 22-23